Friday, February 20, 2009

Your Friendly Neighborhood Book List

I've finished Scott Pilgrim. Immensely enjoyable. I'll have a review up next week. Why next week? Because I still have to finish my review of Team of Rivals. Which I've also finished.

I had wanted to include at least one graphic novel on the List, if not a few. Scott Pilgrim presented itself as an opportunity. My old friend Ted Butler recommended it to me. I'm going to have to listen to him more often. The List should have at least one other graphic novel or piece of sequential art. I've read Watchmen, several times, loving it more each time. With that and V for Vendetta and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I believe I've got my Alan Moore bases covered. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is another all-time favorite; Sin City, too, as Frank was well on his way to becoming a caricature. The Authority and Transmetropolitan, Road to Perdition and A History of Violence (a rare instance where the movie is a million times better), We3, too.

What other graphic novels/manga/comic book collections do I need to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment